With three decades in the industry and a 0% accident or injury policy, Shelter Awnings follows a strict set of safety guidelines which we aim to improve every year. Working with companies such as Lend Lease Australia, Multiplex Australasia and for the Sydney Light Rail project, Shelter Awnings staff are constantly attending safety seminars and meetings. We believe communication is the best approach to preventing accident and injury, following the motto if you can’t work safe then you shouldn’t be working.
All safety harnesses and equipment used by Shelter Awnings is tested and tagged as per Australian Standards. Furthermore, Shelter Awnings provides full sets of Safe Work Method Statements and all employees undertake yearly safety refresher courses required by Work Health and Safety Australia (as below).
- All employees trained in Working Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- All employees trained in Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- All employees trained in Elevating Work Platform - (RIIHAN301D)
- All employees trained in Working Safely Near Live Electrical Apparatus - (UETTDREL14A)
- All employees trained in Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - (HLTAID001)
- All employees trained in Remove friable asbestos - (CPCCDE3015A)
- All employees trained in Remove Non-Friable Asbestos - (CPCCDE3014A)
- Shelter Awnings site supervisor trained in Supervise Asbestos Removal - (CPCCBC4051A)